Thursday, May 23, 2013

The HTC One Google Edition? A Sense-less plan, if you ask me

The HTC One Google Edition? A Sense-less plan, if you ask me | ZDNet

The issue is rarely discussed in posts and blogs:  Control.

When you buy Apple, you relinquish all control over the device.  Obviously this has advantages and disadvantages for the consumer/user.  But having it both ways is another matter.  And jail-breaking an iOS device isn't exactly the best solution for a variety of reasons too numerous for this post.

But the HTC One Google Edition is a great example of an Android manufacturer moving toward the iOS/Apple feature and OS control.  Kindle was the other a couple of years ago.  (And after rooting my Android, I was much happier - especially because it gave me the best of both worlds)

Does any of this really matter?  Probably not unless you can't stand the idea of losing control!

Thanks to  ZDNet
Show Comments: OR