We the citizens of the World, in an effort to promote information freedom - while respecting the individual rights of all Internet users - do hereby declare the following standards for Internet use and conduct regardless of where in the World it may be used:
- We have a right to expect that companies and other internet users will collect, use, and disclose personal data in ways that are consistent with the context in which we provide the data.
- We have a right to reasonable limits on the personal data that companies collect and how long they retain it.
- We have the right to exercise control over what personal data companies collect from us and how they use it.
- We have a right to easily understandable and accessible information about privacy and security practices of all Internet companies
- We have a right to secure and responsible handling of personal data including fair and appropriate sanctions for its mishandling, improper, or illegal use
- We have a right to access and correct our personal data in usable formats, in a manner that is appropriate to the sensitivity of the data and the risk of adverse consequences to us if the data is inaccurate
- We have a right to have personal data handled by companies with appropriate measures in place to assure they adhere to the Internet Standards