Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Revenue from Social Networks to Top $16.9 Billion in 2012

I usually hesitate to include "hot" stories in my morning rants, but this one is just too big to ignore!

Lest any of us think that Facebook, Twitter, and their likes are going away soon, these kinds of revenue forecasts are telling.  We have seen the dramatic shift in advertising focus from "traditional" media to newmedia, into which social media falls.  And the advertisers are following.

I have conversed about the "fluffy" nature of revenue streams in the social media arena, but - apologetically - I am not as active daily or as infatuated with instantly communicating with my peers about the mundane details of my life or those around me.  I did grind my own coffee this morning!

Now that we have the means - mobile devices, apps, instant communication - it has become patently obvious that this is a BIG DEAL.  Not the coffee grinder.

Stay Tuned!

Report: Revenue from Social Networks to Top $16.9 Billion in 2012
Show Comments: OR